Go Big or Go Home with Whistler Blackcomb
The largest ski resorts in North America, Whistler Blackcomb was originally planned as an Olympic venue and can easily accommodate the largest groups.
Logistics is all about scale. Saying you’re in charge of planning a skiing trip for a group means one thing if that group is three people on an annual vacation, and something else entirely if that group is 50 old friends getting together for a very special week of snow activities and memory-making. Trying to plan for a group that large can induce stress-eating and a lack of sleep.
Every ski resort has something to recommend it, whether it’s the charm of the lodges and villages, the quality or quantity of its snow and snow-making, or the renowned challenge of its trails. If you need a resort that offers all of the above and can accommodate the largest groups without a problem, then you should be looking at Whistler/Blackcomb, the largest resort in North America and – regardless of size – one of the premier skiing spots in the world. Offering two mountains linked by the world-famous Peak 2 Peak Gondola, Whistler/Blackcomb compares well to any ski resort in the world and can handle large groups with ease.
Whistler Blackcomb – Slope to Slope
(All listed specs are for both mountains combined)
- 200+ marked runs
- 8,171 acres of terrain
- 16 alpine bowls
- 3 glaciers
- 458 inches of annual snowfall
- Highest Accessible Elevation:7,494 feet
- Lifts: 37
- Lift Capacity: 69,939/hour
What are some accommodations options at Whistler Blackcomb?
Whistler Blackcomb offers a wide variety of lodging options covering every budget, every taste and every situation:
- Hotels at Whistler Blackcomb range from the affordable basics of the Wildwood Lodge to the extreme luxury of the Four Seasons Resort, with everything in between. All the hotels can accommodate large group reservations.
- Other options include lodges, condominiums, townhomes, houses, chalets, and bed & breakfasts, all located on or very near the mountains.
How can I get there?
Whistler has great access from all major flight nubs into Vancouver international Airport, then a beautiful transfer up the scenic Sea to Sky Highway on one of several shuttle buses. Whistler is a pedestrian based village so best to take a shuttle as you will just pay to park your car, and not need it. There are also other options:
- Helicopter: Skip the traffic and show your group how it’s done by setting up a fast air transfer from Vancouver.
- Buses: Several bus lines operate from the airport to the mountains for a budget-friendly transfer.
What are some off-the-slopes activities?
Whistler Blackcomb offers plenty to do when you’re all skied-out, including:
- Sightseeing on the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola
- The Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre
- Sleigh rides
- The Scandinave Spa
- Shopping at the Valley stores
Where can our group grab some grub?
You don’t need to worry about seating your large group for meals when you come to Whistler Blackcomb. The resort features 17 restaurants with a total seating capacity of 6,540 from a broad range of budgets and dining experiences, including:
- Old Spaghetti Factory – great food at reasonable prices. Perfect for large groups
- Alta Bistro, featuring locally-inspired cuisine in a casual, relaxed atmosphere at a moderate budget point.
- Bearfoot Bistro, a champagne bar and fine-dining experience your group won’t soon forget. Check out their Vodka Ice bar or Sabre some champagne!
Whistler Blackcomb offers a traditional Après bar at each base, Blackcomb, Whistler or Whistler Creekside. Check out the locals favorites, Merlin’s, GLC or Dusty’s at each base!
What does Whistler Blackcomb offer groups?
If your group includes 15 or more, Whistler Blackcomb staff will gladly assist you in setting up all reservations and activities. Their groups team will customize any Whistler/Blackcomb product (tickets, pricing, welcome receptions, guides, rentals) to fit you group’s needs. Various food and beverage options are available.
The panic and stress have passed because you know that no matter how large your group is or how keen (and experienced) they are about skiing, Whistler Blackcomb offers more than enough capacity in every aspect of the trip to make this the best trip they’ve ever been on. All that’s left is for you to call them up and set the plan in motion. And if you’ve already been to Whistler Blackcomb, leave us a comment and share your experience, your tips, and your best memories!